HH Partners recently attended TAGLaw’s 31st international conference in Hong Kong. The conference, which took place on October 20 through 22nd, provided TAGLaw® members with the opportunity to strengthen the relationships they create within the alliance of more than 150 law firms from around the world.
“This was an excellent opportunity to meet colleagues around the world and to present our firm to other members after joining TAGLaw at the end of last year. Despite of the latest news from Hong Kong, everything worked very smoothly – Mr. Victor Chu gave a very good presentation on the reasons behind the latest events and Hong Kong’s special position as a part of China and its economy” says partner Miika Erkkilä who participated the TAGLaw international conference for the first time.
In addition to various networking opportunities and group breakout sessions, TAGLaw members attended a variety of informative and educational sessions aimed at firm and practice development. Also in attendance at the conference were members of TAGLaw’s affiliate alliances, TIAG® (The International Accounting Group) and TAG-SP™. All three alliances are collectively known as the TAG Alliances™. Sessions and speakers at the conference included:
- “China and International Trade: What’s Ahead” Victor Chu, Chairman, First Eastern Investment Group
- “Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands®: A Guide to Understanding Cultural Differences Around the World” Terri Morrison, Best-Selling Author of Kiss, Bow or Shake Hands®
- “Navigating the Brave New World of Equity Capital Formation: ‘Hot Issues’ Worldwide IPO markets; Crowdfunding; Microlending; ‘Simplified’ Public Offerings” Moderator: Peter Sugar; Jaffe, Raitt, Heuer & Weiss, P.C. (Michigan, USA – TAGLaw)
- “Doing Business in Asia: Spotlight on the Philippines” Edgardo Balois; Siguion Reyna, Montecillo & Ongsiako Law Offices (Philippines – TAGLaw)
- “Can Professional Service Firms Survive in the 21st Century?” Howard Wilkinson, TIAG Advisory Board Member and Former Senior Partner of Mercer & Hole (London, England – TIAG)
- “What You Need to Know: Taxation Issues in China” Russell Brown, Lehman Brown (Beijing & Shanghai, China – TIAG) and Peter Chen, Zhong Lun Law Firm (Shanghai, China – TAGLaw)